Last modified: December 12, 2022
OCR Solutions, Inc. and our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy. This policy describes:
• How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you”).
• Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit one of our website: ocrsolutions.com or our software as a service website capturemax.acr.ai
• Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use our services, including, but not limited to, our cloud service offerings, Websites, and other software solutions (collectively, our “Services”).
• Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes. International Privacy laws generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
• On the Websites.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Websites.
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Websites.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
• Through applications you use which we provide to you.
• Through our Services, including our cloud services offerings.• We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other Company or third-party website (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
• Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information”).
We provide an opportunity for any user to opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails.
• Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as, demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Service feature.
• Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
• Non-personal details about your interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Websites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Customer environment configuration data, including your specific set-up, the type and version of your accounting or electronic records processing (ERP) system, the type and version of your document management system (DMS) or electronic content management (ECM) system, your regional parameters to properly set up the ERP connectivity such as default time zone, default currency, default terms, default set of taxes applicable per type of document that our Services are used to automate, and similar customer environment configuration data.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
• Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
• Google Analytics allows us to keep our websites relevant by helping us understand how people use the Websites. The information collected by Google Analytics is only used for statistical purposes, and it helps us to analyze patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience. Google Analytics cookies do not provide us with any Personal information. Your IP address is anonymized prior to being stored on the service provider’s servers in order to help safeguard your privacy. The information collected is de-personalized by activating the anonymization feature in Google Analytics. Data collected for Web analytics purposes goes outside of Canada to the United States of America and may be subject to the governing legislation of that country, such as the USA Patriot Act. You can review how Google Analytics collects and processes data by reviewing the link to the site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, or any other URL Google may provide from time to time).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Services may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, subscribing to our service, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Websites.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
• Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use through our Services.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt Out Tool at https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Websites and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Services and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.• To provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
• To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To improve our Websites, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Services.
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with improvement and optimization of the Websites) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• For any purpose with your consent. We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Services improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy. We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, such as Canada, United States, Ukraine, or another location where OCR Solutions processes, stores, and transfers personal information, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation. By submitting your personal information or engaging with our Services, you consent to
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties, who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected].
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as part of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target audience preferences, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of several third-party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioral advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers. Any payment transactions and information, if collected, will be encrypted using SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Services.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Websites or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions. We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
• Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
• Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
• Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
• Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide. If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected].
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [email protected]. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws.